Product Description: Bacteriostatic Water 10ml Vial (BAC Water)
Introducing Bacteriostatic Water 10ml Vial, also known as BAC Water – a sterile and non-pyrogenic solution used for diluting medications, peptides, and other substances that require reconstitution before administration. Bacteriostatic Water contains a small amount of benzyl alcohol, which helps inhibit the growth of bacteria and maintain the sterility of the solution.
- Sterile Dilution: Bacteriostatic Water is designed to dilute and reconstitute medications, peptides, and other substances that are in a powdered or concentrated form. It ensures proper mixing and safe administration.
- Benzyl Alcohol Content: Bacteriostatic Water contains a small amount of benzyl alcohol, which acts as a preservative and helps prevent bacterial growth in the solution, maintaining its sterility for multiple uses.
- Multi-Use Vial: Bacteriostatic Water is typically used for multiple reconstitutions, making it a cost-effective and convenient option for individuals who frequently need to dilute medications or peptides.
- Medical and Research Applications: Bacteriostatic Water is widely used in medical settings for preparing injectable medications and in research settings for reconstituting various substances for experimentation.
- Prescription and Medical Supervision: If used in medical settings, it should be obtained and used under the guidance of a qualified medical professional. In research settings, adherence to safe laboratory practices is essential.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
Q1: What is Bacteriostatic Water? Bacteriostatic Water is a sterile solution containing a small amount of benzyl alcohol. It’s used for diluting medications and peptides that need to be reconstituted before administration.
Q2: How is Bacteriostatic Water different from regular water? Bacteriostatic Water contains a preservative (benzyl alcohol) that inhibits bacterial growth and maintains the sterility of the solution. Regular sterile water lacks this preservative.
Q3: How is Bacteriostatic Water used? Bacteriostatic Water is used to reconstitute powdered or concentrated medications, peptides, or other substances. It’s mixed with the substance to create a solution suitable for injection or administration.
Q4: Can Bacteriostatic Water be used for any substance? Bacteriostatic Water is suitable for reconstituting many medications and peptides. However, not all substances are compatible with it. Always follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for reconstitution.
Q5: Is Bacteriostatic Water safe for injections? Bacteriostatic Water is considered safe for injections when used as directed. It’s important to adhere to sterile practices and follow guidelines for proper reconstitution.
Q6: Can Bacteriostatic Water be used without medical supervision? Bacteriostatic Water can be used without medical supervision for research purposes, provided proper laboratory practices are followed. For medical use, it should be obtained and used under the guidance of a qualified medical professional.
Please note that the information provided here is for general educational purposes and does not constitute medical or scientific advice. If you are using Bacteriostatic Water for medical purposes or research, it’s important to follow appropriate protocols and consult with a qualified medical professional or researcher.